Long and Short Reviews is hosting a weekly blogging challenge for the year with weekly prompts. It seems like such a fun idea so I'm going for it! I love prompts that spark writing--even if it's challenging or hard--so I'm excited to give it a try this year. You can find the prompts here!
Week 2: What would I do with a million dollars?
At first glance, this question seems easy, right? Vacation! Pay Debts! Shopping! Shoes! (Seriously, give me ALL the shoes)
But the more I think about it, I think experiences are what I would want. The "adult" part of my brain chimes in with investing or paying the mortgage or put it into retirement but those are already part of life. Sure, a chunk of my very real dollars could go to those things to satisfy the "responsible" part of my brain, where the rest would struggle with what experiences to choose from.
Here are eight ideas that come to mind that could help spend that dough:
1) Donate/help out schools. They ALWAYS needs more supplies and too man teachers use their own money for their classrooms.
2) Buy a dog park and save all the dogs. We got a rescue dog three years ago and he changed our lives forever--these dogs are so grateful for a chance at life and every time I snuggle him I wish I could save all the dogs.
3) Straight up get a Beauty and the Beast inspired library. Ladder and all.
4) Go on a two-week trip to New Zealand and Fiji. Camp, backpack, and experience everything they have to offer. (Both are on my bucket list)
5) Visit all seven continents. (Honestly, I'd love to visit Antarctica)
6) See all my favorite artists in concert.
7) Travel to every MLB stadium in the US
8) Buy all of my favorite 3-Wick candles from Bath and Bodyworks.
I don't think that list would equate to that much money...but it's a good start when I win money someday.
What about you? What would you spend a million dollars on?
Goofy, romance-loving sports fanatic who often talks about her baby, her husband, or romance novels that make her heart feel squishy.