This slow-burn, enemies to lovers story has been one of the most fun stories to write. I absolutely LOVE a misunderstood hero who might be all bark and no bite and especially when we get to see layers of them melt away. With less than two months until IWTD releases, I thought I'd share some fun facts about the story.
1) I got "the email" from my editor at City Owl Press right in the middle of an emotional maternity leave. I cried, called my husband who had no idea if my tears were good or bad because let's face it, I was a mess.
2) The start of this story came after my mom lost both her parents within two years. It was so painful to see her come to terms with being 'parent-less' and while I obviously miss my grandparents so much...it was tough to grieve when I was thousands of miles away from my family. This book helped me heal.
3) The story takes place in a college town and I based it off my Alma Mater, The University of Illinois!
4) I waitressed for many years and loved it, so Grace's waitress job (which she loves) is based off the experiences I had
5) I listened to Ed Sheeran and The Weeknd the entire time I wrote their story
I'm also thrilled that there will be at least two more stories in the Shut Up and Kiss Me Series and I've had a blast finishing those stories up while waiting for this release