I'm going for it this year. 2018. The year of the woman and the year I write down goals-- attainable ones-- and stick to them. I've tried, and failed, at keeping resolutions. I'm sort of a "go big or go home" type of person and I burn out. If I want to start working out again, I'll go too hard the first week and make myself sick, so I stop. If I plan to go to bed early, I'll fall behind on things which means waking up earlier and thus, getting the same amount of sleep. Forget giving up chocolate. I'll go three days without it and then have a low moment and accidentally eat an entire bag of M&Ms. As you can see, I'm not consistent. I'm a mess.
Thus, the list. I'm holding myself accountable. Ten things I'm working on this year. No excuses.
1. Practice Mindfulness. I've read quite a bit about it and it sounds fascinating.
2. Hydrate. I read women are supposed to drink around 91 ounces a day. I've had 34 and it's dinner time. No more-- 2018 is the year for more water.
3. Hiking. I love in the southwest and don't take advantage of the beautiful trails. I want to go 10 times this year. 10.
4. Join a writing group. This idea terrifies me (strangers commenting on my work-- yikes!) But its good to surround yourself with people who know the craft.
5. Finish 3 romance manuscripts (at least the first draft. A MS can take anywhere from 4-10 drafts)
6. Italian. I started learning in two years ago and I stopped making time for it. I want to get back to it.
7. Exercise. I won't commit to anything crazy but I need to make a valid effort to walk, jog, or run three times a week. I had a career change and won't be on my feet as much and staying active is a must.
8. Reading four books a month; 1 outside my comfort zone. I read at a pretty quick rate and can knock out the amount of books each month easily-- its the challenge reading outside what I love. (I'm a sucker for YA, thrillers, and romance.)
9. Finish a MS without romance. No one has to read it, but I want to challenge myself.
10. Better skin care routine. I know that sounds weird but I need to take better care of my skin. (Side note-- if you know any secrets or products that work great, let me know :) )
Well, now that its on the internet its forever. I must complete them, then. What about you? Do you have any New Year Resolutions?